I welcome readers: those here to download and cheat, my apologies:

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning – any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other “picture” art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

Monday, April 2, 2012

WTF, WHO THE F*** WANTS RSD??? AND FIBRO BEARS

Parts of the visit with ARNP

It was frustrating: I was beginning to feel like she was a bit thick; where the idea that I had back surgery?  Probably all the radiographs and MRI's of my back--but hey--read the surgeons' notes:  all six consults I was pushed into having, and the docs all turned me away.  Why?

  • I have scoliosis which would turn any surgery into a full anterior-posterior fusion, using steel rods on both the front and back of my spine.  With RSD, that begs foooor
  • No doc wants to fuse more than 2-3 vertebrae at most.  My whole lumbar spine;
  • The lumbar fusion is done through the abdomen, and one consult ago (God, disgusting how that sounds--not a "doc shopper..." but anytime I would say "back pain" followed by "sciatica" or "nerve pain in my leg" about a jillion consults followed, an MRI, and a visit to the surgeon who always says I am far beyond surgery)  
  • Well, even I didn't know was, plus they go in abdominally, and with the abdominal MRSA infection (my brain says "Not on my malpractice premium") and further spinal stenosis and deterioration, which left me with a severely pinched (and painfully so) sciatic nerve ) sciatic nerve.
        • Not one of the SIX REFERRALS, except Dr. J. Scott Price, MD, explained that risk-wise to my health, surgery would provide at best, anatomical correction,, but not the stenosis, but no correction of that could be done.
        • Let's see if I can remember all:
          • Timothy Massey (who until a very badly botched surgery partially paralyzed a young, 20-year-old woman-who thanks to a multi-million dollar settlement got her excellet privately funded care, she was able to walk again) the man obnoxioously told me either what all was wrong besides"a slipped disc."
          • Dr. Ali Nainni, MD-didn't examine me, just sat across his giant seeming desk and said, dashing my hopes for long-term pain relief while the ASSHOLES AT COMPASS HEALTH TOLD everyone, that 2 days after SURGERY AT Harborview with 8 weeks to follow in a cast for a broken right wrist I was shortly afterwards thrown under the "druggie" bus.
          • Dr. Stephen Ratcliffe, MD-cold as ICE
          • Dr. J. Scott Price who took the time to explain WHY surgery was NOT a good option!  Thanks, see ya.
          • Dr. Laoprasait.  Wonderful guy.  Cemented my RSD diagnosis ah, now they leave me alone.  The only way now to correct the scoliosis: halo traction.  Think I will pass on that.  Twelve weeks???  No way!

PART II-THE DOC COMES IN

I come  to the end of a nearly exasperating visit with the ARNP and when she determined I had actual RSD, I find out that lately they've had a influx of people with other pain or fibro (which they  can help treat successfully!!!!!) and idk if it's an "In Vogue" or a desire for drugs; or they just want pity for having the most painfully documented disease of chronic pain.  No-I would RATHER have fibro.  And maybe I do, and tell me it sounds sick-fine, go straight ahead and say so.

Feeling like you've been lit on fire and are like that 24/7, 366, and perhaps the allodynia is more severe, plus our hyperalgesia, and so many other "hyper's" and the phonophobia is the one I hate the MOST. 

But I was in the RSDSA's Facebook and members of the RSD Support Group, and littering the roster were were members with names like:
  • FibroReallyHurtz
  • FibroHurtz
Fibromyalgia is painful-I won't ever deny that.  But to say it's as bad as RSD: 

Christmas Eve, does your body do this?

 I took my muscle relaxers (both the regular and back-up; which puts you on your lips; talking like a loon, but I got my shoes on so I could go out with my family--oh, what fun!!!!!!!!  Nothing compared to what Christmas Day had for me.....

Christmas Day--and this didn't let up for HOURS:





 These were taken under same lighting; the same everything.







Or do you have this happen to your "good foot?"


Or it's just too painful to be touched?  
By anyONE, anything, 


Even warm, soft materials that usually bring relief?   
I mean the kind of pain that you lay there and shake?  
You don't throw up because you've not been able to eat in days!!!



So sensitive you can't bear to going to the doctor; or increase the "Stupid pill," you want a cool, quiet dark room....

Fibro = RSD....I have to disagree, some similarities--but not on the scale of RSD.  I have to beg to differ-and find little in common and I don't find it helpful when I feel like this:


  1. bang your head (hard), no, I mean, really slam it, with a brick.
  2. throw acid on the part of your body you feel is affected by RSD
  3. Then douse it in jet fuel (burns very long time) and light the fire.  You are to burn 24/7...365 days a year.
  4. Then when your wound is raw, people pick up wire scrub brushes, and brillo pads and scrub at you.  They continue even after you beg them to stop.
  5. Every sound is amplified to that of a jet airplane taking off..
  6. You may look normal-so no one believes you..
And you get smacked across your head over and over-no sleep, bags under your eyes, etc!!!!

Fibromyalgia on the McGill Pain Index???  In extreme cases where it is way more likely to be RSD no problem, come on in, but ya ain't getting anything like a childbirth rating!!!  Or the 42+ of RSD...where they classified me as having fibro-I still am not buying it being closer to childbirth than a 24-26.  No more; 2 diseases; 2 classifications-got it???!!!!!

Good Lord, who the fuck would want to have RSD.  I can draw a lot of things-not even RSD.....

skin sores, hypersensitive hearing, portacaths for IV treatments, being a shell of your old self?

ONE YEAR:

MARCH 2011
MARCH 2012



I hate to think what 2013 shows
.....if anything left at all....

2 comments:

  1. Your description of CRPS/RDS is perfect!

    I lived with someone with fibro for over two years (she moved out last week). She was constantly telling me how much worse her pain was than mine, because her's involved her entire body, mine just involved my lower left leg. She was the first time I ever dealt with anyone who thought having the worst pain was some sort of contest to be won, and I'm a former nurse and EMS instructor. Pain is a subjective thing, but I can usually judge the severity of it by someone's day-to-day functioning.

    She can go shopping, on foot, for hours at a time. She can prepare, all alone without help, complex holiday meals for family gatherings that take all day to prepare. She can scrub herself head to toe in the shower, without a hint of pain. She eats a normal amount of food, though due to the removal of most of her stomach, she is on a special diet. She can dress normally, and has no discomfort from her clothing. She can sleep every night, on a regular schedule, for 10-12 hours each night

    I can barely get to my car 200' away to take her shopping or to her various and many doctor appointments (her vision is too bad for her to drive). I can prepare quick meals, if I can sit while doing it. I more often than not have to force myself to eat, regardless of the pain induced nausea, because I am very underweight. Walking without a break every 100' or so is impossible most days. Dressing gets complicated, because I can barely tolerate clothing (or anything else) touching my leg. I wear a leg brace, which requires I put a topical pain killer on the area it is worn so I can carefully put it on (taking it off is a nightmare). I'm lucky if I can get 10-12 hours of sleep a week, though sometimes the docs will just "bomb" me to knock me out when I haven't slept for more than 48 hours or more. Part of the insomnia I know is psych, from the fear of awakening screaming in pain (it happens, a lot), and from the stress from the pain. The rest is just pain, period.

    This is just a partial list, but you get the idea.

    Pain may be subjective, but the extent to how much that pain stops a person from having a normal life, or even being able to perform the basic tasks of caring for themselves, is purely objective. I went from a very active and fit lifestyle with a sort-of normal sleep pattern (I was working as a trucker when the CRPS began, it's a weird schedule that required I be able to sleep wherever, whenever, under any conditions, kind of like when I was in the military), to being in bed almost 20 hours a day almost every day, and I'm lucky if I get to sleep 2-3 hours of that, if at all. The lack of sleep and physical activity is such that it has now begun to cause other health issues.

    No, I don't think you are sick for being willing to trade places with anyone who thinks fibro is worse, I would to if they insisted. But, I wouldn't wish CRPS on anyone, except maybe for those who get their kicks from hurting kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I completely understand how you feel there. You may want to visit my website=got the latest in RSD there: slideshows of what this shit does to your teeth, etc, but admirable that you can drive: but nevertheles, I have drivers who took me via na "Captive Audience" to her complaining about "prickly hypersensitive nedle stick type pain, that is "Oh, so very intense-I totoaly know how you feel, and then wanted to know if fibro would qualify her to get ketamine nasal spray for it, and did I think it would help?

      I can think of several things that can help, but if I want to continue getting to my apointments-formerly anyhow, I decided to keep my mouth shut, and "accidentaly" leave a water filled bottle in the new script, which was "accidentaly dropped in the mess of her Toyota Corolla. Of course, couldn't ride my wheechair that day, because she "just didn't have the STRENGTHh to help me even put a MANUAL one that the clinic would push.

      Go figure: she snorted water for however long-have to post a video-this keyboard is SHOT-she was lucky she wasn't and that I switched my useles nasal spray ketamine.
      The McGill Index-I WILL shoot SOMEONE if that ever hapens!
      See the post today for rest of response as dystonia is preventing much more typing!

      Delete