I welcome readers: those here to download and cheat, my apologies:

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning – any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other “picture” art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Can Ketamine fix this?


What is RSD?

It is the sleeping hours of a cat,
and the hearing of a dog......only sometimes
A cute, albeit nightmarish hell of a screaming baby
in a store can unleash the torrents of hellish pain,
and in feeling like you've just heard fingernails dragged across a chalkboard.
But can set off your RSD pain...arm, leg, whole body, whatever...

That cute child???
The one everyone, including me,
would love to hold and love, if this thing called pain
is ever to be “brought under control”
as my neurologist, Dr. J says,
so that he can do the proper studies....
pain control exists, I wonder, I think to myself.
I should see that day.

What is RSD?
RSD is an “Odd duck,” even to neurologists,
the very doctors you'd think would treat this....
and some have been unknowingly been outright cruel to RSD patients,
subjecting them to the nerve conduction studies
before achieving enough control to examine them
without causing excruciating pain..
I had a neurologist examine me, causing a cresendo of pain,
I nearly threw up on her shoes,
and I've achieved enough control not to scream,
and she then told me it was a “psychological problem,”
having to do with my “psychological issues,
and refraining also from saying anything “impolite”
I merely took the slip that said I was to make a follow-up,
and threw it away on my way out.
I'm not a sadist. I just have RSD.
She even wrote that it was “neurogenic pain”
due to my “psychological disorder.”

Anyone would have psychological disorders after a screaming exam like that!

But what does RSD feel like??
The sleeping habits of a cat, the hearing of a dog.
I start the month with a large box of ear plugs.....
the only thing that helps the latter.
The skin sensitivity is a killer...the pain will take your breath away,
make you vomit, and when you finish, you want to scream and cry.
The burning pain, the burning, flaming, incinerating, kindling,
roasting, scalding, scorching, smoking, blazing, and finally withering away
of just one part of the body.....my leg was never the same after the surgery.

I feel like acid has been poured on my skin,
but no burn can be seen....
Dousing your leg with lighter fluid, and lighting a match,
leaving the fire to burn, 24/7....
Then, when someone touches me,
it feels like an open wound
being rubbed, scrubbed, and scraped, with sandpaper and wire brushes.




My soft warn blankets bring relief.
the electric on a low setting
No pain when they touch my skin,
and they serve to protect me from the elements

I have an apartment full of medical equipment.
I have not one, but two shower chairs: 
One is a bench, and see below:


age 19

2003

2008



 I want to be optimistic.  If I could say anything to the doctor, this would be it-


To the CEO of Virginia Mason, and gave my doctor a degree, diplom

No comments:

Post a Comment