I welcome readers: those here to download and cheat, my apologies:

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning – any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other “picture” art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's amazing what you find out, but I'd look for a doc who "suddenly" disappears...

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Publicat/2011_news/11-024.htm



You are here: DOH Home » News Releases Home » 11-024
For immediate release: February 18, 2011                                                               (11-024)

Contacts:       

Mike Farrell, Medical Quality Assurance Commission                      509-329-2186

Gordon MacCracken, Communications Office                                 360-236-4072
 

Issaquah physician’s medical license immediately suspended Doctor’s active addiction makes him unsafe to practice medicine, charges say
OLYMPIA ¾ The Medical Quality Assurance Commission has immediately suspended the medical license of Issaquah physician William L. Lanzer (MD00022061). Lanzer’s recent relapse into alcohol and substance abuse makes him unable to practice medicine with reasonable skill and safety, charges say.
Lanzer cannot practice medicine in Washington until the charges are resolved. He has 20 days to respond to the charges and to request a hearing.
The charges say Lanzer has had a long-term addiction to alcohol and controlled substances. He has been voluntarily monitored for substance abuse by the commission’s approved program since 2005. Since then, the charges say, Lanzer relapsed by repeatedly returning to active abuse of alcohol and controlled substances. Lanzer was finally discharged from the monitoring program on November 22, 2010, because of another relapse, according to the charging documents.
Legal documents in this case are available by calling 360-236-4700 or online by clicking the link to “Provider Credential Search” on the agency home page (www.doh.wa.gov).
The Medical Quality Assurance Commission protects public health and safety by assuring the competency and quality of physicians and physician assistants. The commission establishes and monitors qualifications for licensure, and consistently enforces practice standards and professional conduct through discipline and continuing education.
###


It's not that I don't know docs don't get hooked-they're as human as the rest of us.  I medicated with alcohol until my RSD was diagnosed properly.  But I stopped and only smoke bud with my pain doc's permission!  This dick-off was going to operate on me on September 13, 2009, but suddenly "Emergency medical leave" and then "Extended medical leave" as the practice strung me along for months while my diseased hip (really just the left, but trusting him, he said both needed simultaneous surgery.  It sounded funny then-now I know why--the signs were there: standoffish office staff, a nurse who really looked like she wanted to be somewhere else--and he never got close enough to me that I would see the bloodshot eyes in his last published photo, the rosy red cheeks, from broken blood vessels under the skin (alcohol use) in the chin, and tip of the nose as well-that I noticed, but figured, "Cool, he overcame his demons," after all, he was a practicing surgeon.

When other docs found out I'd seen him-they wouldn't touch me.  I had to change hospitals and ended up with good operative care, postop care and shitty diagnosis and care-or lack thereof of my RSD until I found PCW.

And Lanzer's former practice is still billing me for services rendered.  Fucking send me to collection-this is one bill I will not pay.  He could have soberly handled things, and saved me from a grossly shortened lifespan due to severe pain of now full body RSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment